Dr. Michael Walsh is a board-certified neurosurgeon and a member of the faculty of the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine Department of Neurosurgery. After completing his residency at the University of Vermont in 2008 and a Skull Base tumor/vascular fellowship at the University of Utah in 2009, he was in private practice neurosurgery in the North Shore of Chicago until 2011. Following that, he joined the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, where he was Clinical Assistant Professor and served as the director of neuro-oncology. In this role, his roles included establishing a neuro-oncology service line, including developing and defining the role of a nurse navigator position, establishing a multidisciplinary neuro-oncology tumor board, and working with the Pathology Department to develop a brain tumor tissue bank. He was involved in multiple research projects, including virtual/augmented reality and 3D printing in collaboration with the University of Tennessee and Oak Ridge National Laboratory. He was recruited to Northwestern Medicine in 2016 and is working to develop a Neuroscience program at the new Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital in Lake Forest, Illinois.
- MD: Indiana University (2001)
- Internship: Ohio State University Medical Center, General Surgery (2002)
- Residency: Ohio State University Medical Center, Neurological Surgery (2003)
- Residency: University of Vermont College of Medicine, Neurological Surgery (2008)
- Fellowship: University of Utah Medical Center, Skull Base Surgery (2009)